Computer Freezes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgul

Baseband Member
My computer which i built myself was working fine for about 6 months, then about 3-4 weeks ago, the tower made a wierd noise, then shut off. For awhile i couldnt get past the windows spash screen.

But i then i somehow got past it by going into safe mode then restarting. But my computer is still slower than a rock. Sometimes when i play games like call of duty 4, it will freeze for about 3 seconds then go right back to normal.
This all happened after the wierd noise.

System Specs;
Q6600 2.6 GHz
8800 Gt 512
ix38 pro mobo
2x 2gb
antec case but dont know that it matters.

Hello,

What OS are you running? XP or Vista?

Cheers,
Mak

vista

and i did what computergeek said, and got rid of other random stuff
but still computer is slow

i've also noticed that on my performance tab, my ram usage hasnt gone past 50%. And when it hits 50, stuff hits the fan. My computer goes really slow.

Could my ram affect it?

Most definately. Download memtest and give it a burl for a few hours and see if an error appears. You could also take your RAM out, get an eraser, and rub it on the gold contacts at the bottom of the sticks (on both sides), great way for cleaning RAM and can clear up problems if they are dirty

Yeah most likely its your memory try taking the memory out and putting in some other memory if you have any left over. If not take 1 gig out then restart it and put 1 gig back in then restart it.

Did you already solve your problem?

The freezes happen less often, but my computer is still unbelieveablely slow. Also how do i run memtest? it says disk image area, and i dont know what to type??

Thanks

Downloaded and installed imgburn but when i try to burn memtest to a cd it says i have wrong type of image or non compatible image. .bin is the extension

help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom