Wacom tablet and Photoshop/Opencanvas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberg

Baseband Member
A recently bought Wacom Bamboo tablet works perfectly in Vista... completely smooth. Well, it's completely smooth in every program apart from Photoshop and Opencanvas... it runs at about 5 updates a second in those programs, rendering it completely useless. It runs like a dream in the Art Rage software included in with the product. The computer handles Photoshop perfectly when used with a mouse.

Any ideas? Reviews say it should work fine.

It's an HP Compaq.

Vista 32bit.

AMD Turion x2 TL-50 1.6ghz
1GB RAM
Geforce Go 6100

The tablet is a Wacom Bamboo 1 Model: CTF-430

Still working perfectly on every program except Photoshop and Opencanvas. CPU usage doesn't increase in these programs and the computer doesn't get slowdown either.

Hello,

What version of Photoshop are you running?

Cheers,
Mak

It's Photoshop from CS3 and the latest version of Open Canvas. The tablet also runs at this slow speed in the Wacom Tablet tutorial provided with the tablet. Again, it runs at full speed in every other program.

Hello,

Well i can only think of a couple things. It could be that you have not defragged your hard drive in some time. It could be overloaded with things in your temp files or your browser cache.

I know that CS3 runs kinda sluggish on my system as well. P4 3.4GHz with 3GB of DDR2 RAM. So it could just be a downfall of running such intensive apps. With Vista best bet is to run 2GB or more when you want to run such intensive apps.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom