Monitor Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2k556

In Runtime
This problem has been going on for a quite some time, but I just never bothered to make an attempt to fix it because this is my parents computer. Well, I'm not really sure what happened, but our monitor's brightness is very low. On the monitor settings, I have the brightness turned to 100, which is all the way up. and the contrast also has to be all the way up in order to read text on some web pages. I never really bothered to fix this, since in windows i could just go into the nvidia settings and turn the brightness up nice and high and adjust the contrast accordingly, but now that i'm using ubuntu on this pc, there are no settings to turn the birghtness up, so it's really dark. I don't have any idea what could be wrong here, so any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance. gavin.

^that is usually a sign that the monitor is dieing. Or that the monitor is old and has been worn out. How old is the monitor?

well it's fairly old, i'm not sure exactly how, but I'm guessing a couple of years. its one of those crt's from before they had lcd, or lcd was too new and expensive at the time.

^then thats about 5 years most likely. Considering it's a crt then i would say it i dieing or the brightness and contrast are not as strong as they used to be by pure use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom