quick noobish question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangoSalsa

Baseband Member
ok, im building my rig, but im buying all the parts separately as I can afford it...im sure RMA will be out since its been months...but anyway, I have connected everything except for the video cards. I dont have a monitor either, but I wanted to turn it on and make sure all my wiring was correct. so...I did...and all the fans worked, and HDD noise, Mobo, RAM, Disc Drives...all that works. but at the same time, this loud beeping noise makes me worried (5-6 beeps in a row). Since I dont have a monitor yet, I cant see if its anything serious.

My question: Are the beeps an indicator that I did something wrong? or do I just have to wait for a monitor to see?

google your board for the bios maker, then do a search with for CMOS Beeps, and check under that brand bios for the beep codes and what they mean.

its the EVGA 780i SLI board

would it beep if I didnt have a mouse, keyboard, or video card connected?

awesome, thanks, after listening for a while, I think its 1 long and 2 short beeps..if its with the AWARD BIOS, it just means my video card isnt their...which I dont have anyway so thats great! WOO!!...man thats a load off...I was almost thinking it was my processor or board.

Thanks for the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom