LOUD hard drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
So the maxtor hard drive that i got on sale is really loud. Everytime i open something i hear all the clicking and it really gets on my nerves so i am going to return it. is there any other hard drive that is fast and quiet? only need a 500gb but if theres a 750gb one for a decent price i would look into it.

WD Caviar's are typically quiet for me and they are just short of the cost for a Seagate.

What are your thoughts about the Samsung Spinpoint F1 hard drive? I've had my eye on this drive for a couple weeks now. I've read good reviews about it saying it is really quiet. It says they have some type of Noiseguard which helps in bringing down the noise, not sure what that is. Can anyone explain please?

i do not know if they are quite, i think gurusan has one so you might want to give him a pm (im not sure if thats how you spell his name but if you just type in guru it will give you choices that start with that and since he's a mod he should be there)

Samsung are well known to make quiet hard drives

Yeah thats what I had read in many of the reviews. Everyone says theya re very quiet and quick. Just waiting for a couple more replies so I know I'm not making another mistake like when I got my maxtor drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom