Upgrading Old Reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.
1: it's not bad, not the best obviously but still quite good.
2:no, a 64bit os just allows you to have more then 3.5gb of ram, since you won't have that you do not need a 64b os.
3:it will feel like a major upgrade to you but no, it will not be high performancem, maybe around low med.

^Just so you know that is without HDD so you would have to add another $49.99.
Thanks, but wrong, heh, I do have a 160GB SATA HDD lying around, if I rebiuld using these, I can put it to use.
I think I'll rebuild using AMD. Seems good. I've always been Intel though. Might be a AMD guy soon. :D

1: it's not bad, not the best obviously but still quite good.
2:no, a 64bit os just allows you to have more then 3.5gb of ram, since you won't have that you do not need a 64b os.
3:it will feel like a major upgrade to you but no, it will not be high performancem, maybe around low med.

Looks quit good to me, I have had things together to rebuild, but never did. Actually, this stuff is just as good, or better that the other parts I was going to use. They come cheaper too.
If the Intergraded GPU is not very good, I could always get another. Looks good, I've been craving that HDMI slot in a GPU :D
Probably way better than I got now anyways.

Wait, the RAM you suggested, I can use it, but what about the type of RAM NewEGG says it generaly takes...

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Is it faster or something?

^if your getting 4gb of ram get a 64bit os, yes that ram has faster mhz but the timings are upped so it will be slower then 800mhz ram, i reccomend just getting 800mhz ram.

^if your getting 4gb of ram get a 64bit os, yes that ram has faster mhz but the timings are upped so it will be slower then 800mhz ram, i reccomend just getting 800mhz ram.

Alright, seems good. I'll go wih the other, cheaper anyways. :p

I found this 4-Core possessor, should I get it instead? Its newer, but the cores rune at 2.3GHzI don't know if that's good, so good, but there is 4 cores.. Heck I don't even know what a core is, I think its like another possessor, in one. like 4 core means 4 possessors in one? Am I right?

i am never going to reccomend an amd quad core so no i would say stick with the other cpu. You sorta right, the four cores are like 4 cpu's, but it only benefits in applications and games if they are multi threaded or quad core optimized, and at the moment not many are, but very soon that will change. It's up to you if you want to get that quad core but im against it. If you want a quad core go intel and a new mobo.

I'll just go with the Dual core then, so is AMD as good, or better than Intel? Since I'm going througt with rebuilding with AMD I'll get to use it for a while.
Theres probably alot of debates of which ones better. Like the PS3 and the 360. Though, most of it has died, and the PS3 came out on top, as usual.

WOAH, some one just recommended my CPU : D

By the way Intel beats AMD at the moment and there is no debate over that. But the thing is AMD just prices their CPU's fairly low so that people still buy it. So when that 4800+ 2.5ghz Dual Core is 60$ with Free Shipping and the competing E7200 is 130$ and they have the same clock speeds. Of course Intel performs better. Just not 70$ better if you get what I m saying. On the other hand Intel is Raping AMD when it comes to the Quads and AMD is trying desperately to bring out a decent Quad or even Tri Core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom