Dual Monitors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
my friend just gave me his old monitor and it happens to be the same as mine :) so now i have a couple of questions about some configuration.

1) When i maximize a window in any app it makes it span across both screens, is there a way i can make it maximize to the screen it is on?
2) Is there a way to have separate desktop images on each monitor?

~thanks!

Hello,

1. You will have to use Dual View not Clone or Single. That will allow you to choose which monitor will be your primary desktop and which one will be used as a secondary monitor.

2. You will need a application like UltraMon to do that.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

1. You will have to use Dual View not Clone or Single. That will allow you to choose which monitor will be your primary desktop and which one will be used as a secondary monitor.

Cheers,
Mak

Yeah i have it set as dual displays. I wanna know if theres a setting so say i have firefox on one screen and itunes on the other. I want to maximize firefox to the whole left screen but when i hit maximize it stretches across both screens.

With my setup it will only maximize to one screen unless you extend the window to both monitors, there is no setting for this. You must be doing something wrong.

Hello,

2. You will need a application like UltraMon to do that.

Cheers,
Mak

my nvidia drivers allow me to do so, i can pick which is my primary and ich way i scroll to get acroos to it. not sure how the duel veiw is for ati drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom