my computer build!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^holy buckets, strange that they upped the price so high for it.

Do you really need the blu-ray drive hitmanj, thats ups the cost of the build quite a bit. ALso to watch blu ray movies at full capacity you will need an hdcp monitor.

^meh, he's getting a 4870 which is hdcp, check out the thread i made about it in New technology (it's supposed to be great at playing blu ray movies)

The benchmarks for the card are quite impressive if you read long enough into it. It isn't far behing the 280 for half the price, so two of them is going to mop up the 280 for still a cheaper price :).

^holy buckets, strange that they upped the price so high for it.

Do you really need the blu-ray drive hitmanj, thats ups the cost of the build quite a bit. ALso to watch blu ray movies at full capacity you will need an hdcp monitor.

not really, now that i think about it, because i can watch bluray on my ps3. and yea it really did up the price. i went from about $2100 to about $2500. can you link me to a cd/dvd burner and then a cd/dvd drive?

and im going to check out that thread right now!!!
edit: where's the thread located?

^meh, he's getting a 4870 which is hdcp, check out the thread i made about it in New technology (it's supposed to be great at playing blu ray movies)

The benchmarks for the card are quite impressive if you read long enough into it. It isn't far behing the 280 for half the price, so two of them is going to mop up the 280 for still a cheaper price :).

I know just saying though the Video Card and the Monitor need to be HDCP Compliant...

but ya the HD 4870 is most definitely HDCP Complaint, all of AMD's HD series are, and 8600gts or higher are HDCP Compliant

The thread is under : New Technology Services & Products

I would just get a dvd wirter as they can burn and play everything (other then blu ray obviously) there really is no good or bad ones, my first choice would be lg or samsung though.

^i would get a g.skill kit (800mhz 4-4-4-12 timings) or you could get some crucial ballistix Tracers, although i have heard some rumors about them switching to the one sided chips like the normal crucial ballistix did, but it has not been confirmed.

The thread is under : New Technology Services & Products

I would just get a dvd wirter as they can burn and play everything (other then blu ray obviously) there really is no good or bad ones, my first choice would be lg or samsung though.

^i would get a g.skill kit (800mhz 4-4-4-12 timings) or you could get some crucial ballistix Tracers, although i have heard some rumors about them switching to the one sided chips like the normal crucial ballistix did, but it has not been confirmed.

ok i chose these:
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DH-16D2P-08 - CD / DVD Drives

now about the g.skill, would it be better to get 4x1gb or 2x2gb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom