no display on monitor, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypcbroke

Baseband Member
My brothers PC will load windows anymore, it loads the DFI motherboard screen (BIOS doesn't work) and then the monitor says "no signal", and just has that no signal sign and that's it.

Anyone know what's wrong with it? It's a new PC, about half a week old.

Specs

Intel quad core cpu
DFI lanparty SLI board 775
nvidia 9800GTX
4 gb ram, OCZ I believe
120gb SATA HD

It's been running great up until now, my first guess was a videocard issue, anyone know?

my old system did that, i believe it was a video card driver issue or some thing of the like (ii have not solved the problem my self yet but that is what i suspect, haven't really had time to mess around with it)

Hello,

It sounds as if the onboard video could still be enabled. Have you turned this setting off in the BIOS.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

It sounds as if the onboard video could still be enabled. Have you turned this setting off in the BIOS.

Cheers,
Mak

that's the thing, I haven't figured out how to get into bios yet, I press del on startup but nothing happens

sorry for thread jacking but mak, what would u think the problem is if i took out the gpu (re-enabled the onboard though) and it did this?

Hello,

MyPC anyway you can take a pic of your BIOS Screen? That way maybe we could help you find it?

Luke,

If you took out the GPU and it sill didn't load? Then it could be in need of a BIOS update.

Cheers,
Mak

On the bottom of the DFI motherboard screen it might list a few options for you, like how to enter into the BIOS.
As mentioned by luke, it could be that the driver for your 9800 is corrupt. if that's the case try replacing the 9800 with an older card (if you have one).

On the bottom of the DFI motherboard screen it might list a few options for you, like how to enter into the BIOS.
As mentioned by luke, it could be that the driver for your 9800 is corrupt. if that's the case try replacing the 9800 with an older card (if you have one).

not to be rude, but why would it just start messing up half a week after the drivers were updated? Everything was running great before.

There isn't anything that tells me how to enter BIOS on the mobo screen, and I don't have an older card atm.

^ key word being 'corrupt' meaning 'broken' or just generally 'not-working-properly'. Things don't follow a schedule as to when they have to break either, so if it happened half a week after your update it doesn't really matter :)

If you can't enter the BIOS, try resetting it.
Unplug the power. Try to boot (to get rid of all the stored charge in the capacitors)

Take out the CMOS battery OR remove/insert the jumper on the two pins (that should be near the battery) and wait a few seconds, then replace the battery/jumper
Plug the power back in, and try booting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom