Having trouble hitting 3.6Ghz with Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, and I have 4 sticks of ram.

I notice in my BIOS that I can't change the cpu voltages at all. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot..

Temps.jpg

The ds3r allows you to change voltage. If you tried 3.6 on stock voltage or "auto" theres no way you'll get stable. With a 1.3VID you are going to have to push probably 1.45v or more to get stable at 3.6. Mine is 1.2VID and i run at 1.4v 3.6ghz.

Well the thing is, under the little clocking section on my BIOS the CPU voltage is greyed out and I can't change the value in it

Okay. i found the voltage and set it to 1.45 and it still doesn't boot, even at 3.5Ghz

What does ram have to do with overclocking the CPU? Does me have 4x 1g sticks mess up some stuff?

This is really starting to **** me off... If I set voltages to manual control and set the voltage to just even 1.425 or something, the system freaks out, and will only boot with it on normal. VID remains 1.3...

^some times havving all the ram slots filled can mess with ocing, or so i have heard. Try taking 2 sticks out (1 and 3) : 0 1 2 3 then see if you can get some more juice out of it.

I can't even find where to set VID.. I've tried setting CPU voltages to around 1.4, but then my computer has trouble booting up... I can reach 3.3Ghz but then everything goes haywire and lock ups happen left and right

^sorry, i can't help you with that as i have yet to try ocing my cpu (but once i get my water cooling loop i will do a lot of ocing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom