Do I need to get a sound card in order to hear stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
As far as I know of, my mobo has sound on the board.

Which has surround 7.1, and I tried connecting the speakers on any of the 6 spots of sound.

IS this a mobo defect or something? or do I need to get a sound card?

Did you install the drivers from the CD? and did you plug in your Sound in the green slot?

The sound could be defective... but just make sure you did plug it in correctly

lol, I know, I asked him what was wrong and never got an answer. Why can't people give a heads up before doing that?

K So I installed the drivers, but I am still not getting any sound, any stuff I can do to troubleshoot it or something?

Is Audio supposed to be in or out?

Alright so watch, on Realtek HD Audio Manager, I put 7.1 surround sound.

And you know how theres like a front size, where the monitor is then 2 speakers on the side, and so on? those which are the main ones do not sound.

But the ones on the very back do sound when I click them.Do you know what am talking about?

To make this simpler, on quadraphonic, there are the stereo speakers and then the back ones, the two back ones sound when I click them but not the stereo ones.

I think they are called the surround speakers

If you're running 64 bit Vista, you'll need to get specific 64 bit sound drivers. When I put my rig together, I was getting no sound with the stock drivers that came on the cd. I downloaded x64 drivers and bam it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom