SurgeVel's Rampaging Tempest build-log! (56k, Got All Day?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
Ok, here is a layout of the parts I just ordered:

Case: NZXT Tempest
Mobo: Asus Rampage Formula X48
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9450
Heatsink: Xigmatek HDT-S1283 with retention bracket (no more nasty push pins! yay!)
RAM: OCZ Reaper 2x2GB DDR2 1000MHz (the ones with the huge heat pipes) 5-5-5-18 timings
Video Card: Diamond Radeon HD 4850 (woot! 1 for now, but a 2nd one maybe later!)
HDD: 500GB 7200.11 Seagate with 32MB cache
PSU: Corsair 750TX

Parts should arrive by next Monday/Tuesday, at which point I will begin with all the pictures, pictures, pictures!

Wheres the beef? I was promised pics?

I almost got a tempest myself, Id like to see how it looks (those newegg pics never do it justice)

288.jpg

285.jpg

I'll have the pics when I have the parts. But for now, you can see the HD stock photos at Tempest Pics

Gotta let me know how the 4850 is :D

Maybe I'll use it when I get a full refund.

But why not a 4870? Just wondering. They come out soon.

When you ship your computers for your upcoming computer business; make sure you double box.

The owner is not a heavy gamer as of yet, and mostly is a heavy mutli-media user. Hence the Q9450. Plus with the reliable Rampage Formula I can grab another 4850 for Crossfire.

When you ship your computers for your upcoming computer business; make sure you double box.
The business has been booming since February. Just need to do some major updates on the website. Also, I don't double box because of costs, but I do use thick-grade mailing paper to wrap a good layer around the box, and inside the box I use anti-static pink foam all around to further protect things. Haven't had a shipment damaged in the mail yet.

*knocks on wood*

Either way, I always use insurance, so regardless I am covered.

And now, to begin showing pictures with my crappy cell phone!!!

GASP! 2 big brown boxes! Must be the midget and cowboy hat I ordered!
img080.jpg

Nope.... just some stupid computer parts...
img081.jpg

I see a Q9450, a Xigmatek Rifle, a mounting bracket for the Xiggy! (YAY NO PUSH PINS!), and a 1GB flash drive.
img082.jpg

Aha, so that's why it's called a Rampaging Tempest... but where is that Tempest?
img083.jpg

OCZ Reapers FTW! Plus the 500GB Seagate 7200.11
img084.jpg

INTRODUCING...... THE Diamond Radeon HD 4850!!!!
img086.jpg

These lil guys are about 6" long, but they are verrrrry important... for that dumb wire management thing. Pfft.
I removed the picture because I had one too many for this one post. It was just a pic of the zip ties

Office space/work space.... soon to be the temporary home to a new build.
img088.jpg

Now, after all that is said and done, I'm still waiting on 3 important things before I start the build. The case (NZXT Tempest), the PSU (Corsair 750TX), and the mouse (of all things :); The keyboard arrived, but the mouse was shipped from Cali..)

I know the quality sucks, so I shrunk them a bit from the original crappy resolution and size that my cell phone takes them in. I am going to call FujiFilm right now and demand the status of my broken camera!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom