gameing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey guys

my current pc is playing up a slight while playing a few games, the game i am trying to play is simcity 4 but it always restarts my pc some times as soon as i load up the game and other times i could be playing for 30-40 mins and it will go

my current rig is

mobo - asus A7N8X-X
cpu - AMD Sempron at 2.1 (or as close as)
gpu - radeon 9600 with up to date driver

what happens is it restarts my pc and half the time dose not give me a reason then other times it says its to do with 2 files, i just got rid of these 2 files and it did it after about 3 mins again so i'm stuck

What were the files? Have you checked the temps of your GFX card?

Have you tried using the Radeon Omega Drivers?

Those usually are better with older Radeon 9 series cards

What were the files? Have you checked the temps of your GFX card?

one of the files was mini062808-01.dmp but its come back up and i dont know the temp of the gpu, have you got any suggestions for temp monitoring

Have you tried using the Radeon Omega Drivers?

Those usually are better with older Radeon 9 series cards

i havent heard of the Omega Drivers i'll download them and get back to you with it

well i've installed the latest Omega Drivers and the game ran for longer then befor and my pc just restarted

it didnt tell me why it restarted it just did it so i'm lost

I'm thinking overheat... clean out any dust in the GPU and CPU

Also is that board a VIA Chipset? because I've experienced this issue with ATi Video Cards and VIA Chipsets on my old PC, but it doesn't happen until you close the game for me..

Try updating your mobo drivers too if thats the case

the chipset on the mobo is a nforce2 400 all updated, i'll pop the side off and give it a good clean tommow some time

Hello,

Upload yoru minidump files to Bandango, SendSpace or Rapidshare. I will analyze them for you.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Your issues according to the dump file belong to this:

Probably caused by : nvmcp.sys ( nvmcp+5bb03 )

Which is part of the nVidia Drivers. All things say you need updated drivers. If there are none report this to nVidia so they can get working on a fix.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom