Temporary problem with my ati all in wonder card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Last night my cocker spaniel was in my room looking for food he got up underneath my all in wonder tv tuner cards vga cable and pulled it out some, I can still see my desktop and all but the colors are very distorted and the monitor flickers when moving the wire to readjust the cable to fix the wire.
It will be at least a week or so until I can find another output cable for the card.
In the mean time can I still use the cards tv tuner features without needing VGA from the ATI card or can I disable part of the cards VGA and just use my mobo onboard video card for now ?

I'm very sorry about 1-2 week old bump but I need some help badly!
I found another cable for my new ATI 9600-XT it will be here tomorrow morning, however though the 2 mounting screws on each side in between the VGA socket has been damaged.
I went to Computer Ex-change and Radio in my neighborhood they didn't have any screws that would match mine to go on my ati card and when I plug in the socket to the vga port and screw wires it would not come loose when being moved and become damaged again.
I looked on the net to find what I am looking for but I cannot find it not even on ATI's site.
Please, somebody help me out with this!!

This is what I am looking for
Maplin > Motherboard Screwnut Standoff x 50

Edit:
The guy that I talked to at my computer shop, he said the standoff needs to threaded at least twice for my new cable to fit properly.

standoff screws, PC Components, Desktop Laptop Accessories items on eBay.com

But the size needs to be 2-3x smaller to fit the video connector.
Last I found this site here:
standoffs, standoff, threaded metric standoffs, thumbscrews, spacers, male female standoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom