Old dell needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Beta member
Please can anyone tell me the best graphics card available for my old dell optiplex gx150, I've just maxed out the memory at a whopping 512mb and need a graphics card to stop the onboard leaching my ram .
Please help. Thanks.

Thanks, by best i mean the most uptodate that will run on my machine without having to but other parts although if its only £50 to get a decent card to run then thats no problem dont want to spend a fortune upgrading when i could spend the same on a better second hand pc.

Sorry, didn't realize you were on the other side of the pond. Newegg is the easiest place to grab URLs (and search).

Basically, any low-end X4/X8 AGP card will do the trick. Just make sure it is not "TurboCache" or other such crap... they use their own memory AND your RAM.

Thanks Trotter, Yep over here in blighty lol. I wanna use a card with at least 256mb but have only found ddr cards are those compatible with my machine and if so a part no to search would be appreciated as ive got to run expenditures with the boss lol.

Try looking on scan.co.uk for the AGP cards i think they are trying to get shut of them at the moment.

Thanks for the help gone with nVidia Geforce fx5700 256mb was only £28 new including postage and my friend has a 400w power supply for free so should keep the old dell going.
Once again thanks all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom