Need help installing Graphics Card!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsea_lover17

Baseband Member
Ok first off:

Woke up this morning to find my graphics card was broken. Its was an old Nvidia fx 5500 or summing.

Went out and brought a nvidia 7300 gt 512mb agp8x

I removed the old grahpics card, and resorted back to the onboard one so that i could access control panel and uninstal it.

I then Put the new graphics card in and hocked it up with my monitor, when i turn on my computer there is no signal from computer to monitor so nothing is displayed? Why?

I removed the graphics card and once again went back to onboard one, i tired using the cd that came with 7300gt but it said no device could be found (obviously) since i removed it. But when i try to use my onboard graphics card while the 7300gt is in, it doesnt work.

Anyway, dunno what to do

Really need the help

Cheers.

Did the onboard kick back on without you having to change anything in the BIOS? Did you have to deactivate it in the BIOS when you installed the FX5500?

Odds are the BIOS is set for the onboard because it was booted up without a GFX card. Install the card back in your computer, but leave the VGA hooked to the onboard. Go back into the BIOS and set it for a GFX card (you'll have to look around for it... been years since I had a mobo with onboard). finish booting and (hopefully) you will lose your screen. Switch the VGA over to the card and continue installing it.

Did the onboard kick back on without you having to change anything in the BIOS? Did you have to deactivate it in the BIOS when you installed the FX5500?

Odds are the BIOS is set for the onboard because it was booted up without a GFX card. Install the card back in your computer, but leave the VGA hooked to the onboard. Go back into the BIOS and set it for a GFX card (you'll have to look around for it... been years since I had a mobo with onboard). finish booting and (hopefully) you will lose your screen. Switch the VGA over to the card and continue installing it.

Cheers for the reply, i will have a look in the BIOS. No i didnt have to change anything to get the onboard working.

I dont think i had to deactiviate it with the fx5500.

One thing i dont understand is you save "install the card back into your computer" What card you talking about? Coz the fx5500 is broken. And the new one i cnt install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom