Having trouble hitting 3.6Ghz with Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
^heat, instability,you could have reached the limit of your mobo, sometimes you just get a chip that won't oc as well as it should. I'm no expert so i'll let some more experienced ocer's come in here :).

now i don't know much about ocing (and do not do this until someone else comes in here who knows more) but that VID is pretty low, i think you could jack it up like 2.5, like i said do not do this until another person backs it up.

I have the q6600 G0 stepping and I set my vcore at 1.450 and due to vdroop it shows about 1.38 in cpu-z... I can run that at 3.6 all day every day. Now granted I'm no expert and such but there may be a couple of other settings to change with that board but someone else will be here soon to clarify those bios for ya. Just wanted to post mine to give you an idea. And please please dont ever try to tun at 2.5 lol I don't think it will go that high anyways

edit: also I see you are running with 4gb of ram.. is that 2x2 or 4x1? With my 4x1 sticks of crucial it is sometimes finicky about running at 3.6 with all four sticks in... Usually I just remove two and go.

Each chip is different, you can't guarantee it'll hit a certain place even its G0, it could be a crappy G0...

Run up Core Temp and show a screenshot to show the VID and temps (I just need to confirm)

Now did you just push the FSB to 3.6ghz without Voltage Increase, because thats probably your fault because thats hard to do even with Liquid Cooling System... Also disable Speedstep, for some reason I think the VID decreases when you do that..

check your ram too. Make sure its way underclocked for now while ocing the quad. Start of where you were last stable and work your way up adding vcore when it becomes unstable. Try adding alittle MCH too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom