Annoying Problem with SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
I am currently have two 8800 GTs in SLI and in every game that SLI is enabled for I get these very annoying flickering horizontal lines. These usually occur near sky textures. It is similar to what you would see when disabling vsynce only much more noticable and can occur when I am standing still.

I recently downloaded/installed the Forceware 175.19 driver with no success. This problem was also present on the 175.16 driver. I have a feeling it is driver related but none of the drivers I have tried have been successful. Does anyone have this problem or know what is causing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of months.

Hello,

Let me guess you are using Vista? If so this is a known issue with SLi and Vista. The drivers are not right and SLi support is very bad for Vista. Just check the nVidia forums and you will see for yourself.

Cheers,
Mak

Yep, I'm using vista 32-bit. Has anyone found any drivers (probably beta releases) that don't have this problem?

Note: I found a forum that suggests the 169.21 beta drivers will fix all my problems. I'm installing them now.

Hello,

You will have to check the nVidia forums. They will be the best source for answers as they are the ones working on this issue.

Cheers,
Mak

I havent had any tearing issues with SLI on vista. What game are you playing that this is happening in? If its age of conan its mostly because the game doesnt like SLI.

So far I've seen this in every game I use SLI with. I use SLI mostly in Crysis, MS Flight Sim X, Sims 2, and Oblivion, but it occurs when I enable SLI in games that would normally be run with one card such as Civilization IV.

Here are some basic specs:
Nvidia 680i Mobo
Q6600@2.4Ghz
4GB RAM @800Mhz
Raptor 160GB HD @10000RPM
350GB HD @ 7200RPM
1000W PSU
2x 8800GT in SLI

Its a Dell so thats why the specs are so vague. I was going to build my own but after alot of problems with deliveries I just screwed it and bought an XPS.

BTW I've tried out the 169.21 driver and the lines are gone but my fps has dropped fairly significantly in most of my games (5-10).

Well I can see one thing there you have 4gb of ram in your system a 32bit OS will only see 3.5gb at most this also includes your video ram your OS might be strugling to use what is there. I know XP 32bit will spit it's dummy when it encounters more than 3.5gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom