New MMORPG Gaming System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Immortal

In Runtime
Hey,
It's about time to upgrade from my Athlon XP 2200+. I play CS, DoD, TFC, WoW, and I will probably be getting Warhammer when it comes out. Budget is soft, but I'd like to spend no more than 1200-1500 (OS and Monitor excluded from price) if possible to build a solid system to support these games. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't claim to be an expert by any means but those games listed, I don't believe, would require that high end of a machine to run. My system in my sig below would play them at max settings easily. I don't know anything about warhammer though.

You could build a machine like mine now for $600 - $700 if I had to guess. That would include the 19" lcd monitor...

If you were going to stick with those games I think you could save some money...

I don't know experts, what do you think?

Peter, I'm going to be playing on either a 21" or 22" screen. Honestly a huge pet peeve of mine is how f'ing terrible the FPS is in Shat on my current system. I don't know if I'll need 60 FPS but I'd definitely like more than 2 or 3 or whatever I'm getting now.

Thanks for the recommendation though, I'm definitely stoked about being able to save that kind of cash. Just wondering, but would that system be able to handle one of those new FPS games if I got a wild hair and wanted to try one out?

Edit: Can you recommend a mobo?

lawl. i knew i was forgetting something.. yeah the board that puddle jumper recommended is great. and that card should crank out 45 fps solid in shat. and trust me, i know all about the havoc shatt creates on pc's. my laptop just like **** the bed when i tried to fly into shat. it was like NUH UH MAN! and it crashed. then i laughed. haha. but yeah, you should be able to crank out any game with the 4850. but also for 100 bucks more you could get a 4870 which is better than the 4850. don't know percentage points but its a decent bit better.

Finally got around to looking at all the components, looks nice but I have a couple questions. First, the mobo doesn't have RAID support, is that going to be a deal breaker? Second, do I need to spend 200 bucks on a PSU? OCZ and Corsair both offer 700W PSUs for a substantial savings and have high reviews on newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom