New build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

In Runtime
I went ahead and decided to get a new build.

Tell me what you think and all suggestions are open.
Thanks.

Motherboard:

Newegg.com - ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

RamX2:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Processor:
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

Video Card:
Newegg.com - VisionTek 900241 Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

VGA Cooler(Will this work?):
Newegg.com - ZALMAN VF700-CU 2 Ball VGA COOLER - VGA Cooling

DVD Burner:
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Heatsink:
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Case:
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

PSU:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies

HDD:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Monitor:
Newegg.com - Acer P243WAid Black-Silver 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 400 cd/m2 3000:1 ACM - LCD Monitors

Any suggestions? Anyone have any way of lowering the prices, and is this all compatible? I'm sure it is...but just double checking.

Thanks guys.

Ok, based on this:

Palit Radeon HD4870 512MB Graphics Card Review - Page 21 - Hardware Canucks

You can use any aftermarket cooler that worked with an HD 3870 on an HD 48xx series

EDIT: Build looks fine..

Maybe you could step down the Antec 900 so you can get a Core 2 Quad Q6600 and 4gb

Also change the Board to the DFI Lanparty x48 for the exact same price

Well thats a 4850, And I already have 4GB listed, (Says RAM X2)..

I could go with a q6600 but I heard E8400 is better for gaming at the moment.

And the board should be a DFI Lanparty X48? Any reason why?

And do you mean this board?
Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Its a newer chipset that has better overclocking abilities..

And it says in the Article.. if it works with an HD 3870 it works in an HD 4870/HD 4850...

But Idk if that Cooler works with an HD 3870...

Maybe 2 or 3 more you're not going to notice it..... but then when the games start going towards Quad-Cores (they already are.. UT3 and Crysis for example) it'll be a lot more of a difference

the e8400 is better for dual core optimized games (there isn't many, if any quad optimized games, only multi threaded games as far as i know) so the e8400 would perform better at the moment but very soon that will all change and the quad cores will perform better so it would be best to get a quad core to be ready for futur games.

But I don't play many new games. I don't really have the money for them. I play a few older games and FPS is a big thing in gameplay(The more FPS, the better you are, pretty much).

But I play the occasional newer games(Crysis Demo, F.E.A.R Combat, ...WoW? Thats about it)

I do a lot of my digital art on the computer also.

So I'm guessing the E8400 OC'd to 3.6 or 4.0 would be good and it would work great with everything I've listed, for a good 2-3 years, and by that time, I can just buy the new processors that are out.

So I will stick to the e8400.
With the xigmatik cpu cooler, probably buy a tempest case from surgevel, the ati radeon 4850 and the vga cooler, unless you don't think I need it at the moment, the dfi lanparty x48 mobo, the gskill 2X1GB ramX2(4GB), I have windows vista 64bit..

Is that PSU good enough?

And if anyone could find pretty much the same things for cheaper, that'd be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom