Not open for further replies.

Papashroom

Beta member
Rig is as followed

q6600
8800gts
EVGA750i
750psu

I got everything installed got vista loaded updated my drivers I then tried OCing the cpu, took it to 1333 fsb couldnt get it to windows, I then went back into BIOS and reset everything to stock,when I restart samething I get 1 normal beep then it hangs on BOOT FromCD: for a min then i try to start windows in safe mode and it gets hung up on crtcd i think it is. Its not giving me a windows error of (oxc0000225) Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Sadly i could not find much info realted to this issue on Microsoft's site. 1 Suggestion was to update your BIOS. Which could help. IF not read thru this:

Receiving a sysvol Referral Request

It might be of some help.

Cheers,
Mak

Hey thanks for looking for me, I reset the CMOS and it came back up for me, that was the first time I ever tried overclocking and I doubt ill be trying again anytime soon! :freak:

Thats a sign of unstable overclock...

So your PC couldn't even take an overclock to 3.0ghz? You must have a B3 or terribly VID G0 if you couldn't go to 3.0ghz on Stock... if you want to overclock again, try to increase the voltage a bit when you up the FSB to 1333 MHZ, but keep an eye on temps because if the VID is high or its a B3, you'd have to keep an eye on it

1333/4 = 333FSB X 9 = 3.0ghz
1066/4= 266FSB X 9 = 2.4ghz (original speed)

I just dont think I did it right, Im gonna research some more before i try again. I just dont know what Im doing yet lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom