How much is my computer worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just bought it about a month ago, then i realized that not even SuSE, Fedora, or Slackware can compare to Mac OS X

PC133 RAM and a 2.4GHz AMD? Hmm...I'm skeptical about the legits of those facts. Either the RAM isn't really PC133, the AMD isn't really a 2.4GHz (which would be a way-too-high-end chip for the RAM), both are bogus, or it's actually right and you got ripped royally.

Something's up. I'm too tired to ping this, though....*sleep*...

ShoobieRat said:
PC133 RAM and a 2.4GHz AMD? Hmm...I'm skeptical about the legits of those facts. Either the RAM isn't really PC133, the AMD isn't really a 2.4GHz (which would be a way-too-high-end chip for the RAM), both are bogus, or it's actually right and you got ripped royally.

Something's up. I'm too tired to ping this, though....*sleep*...

We already made the assumption that he means a 2400+ AMD:confused:

It must not be 133.. i have no idea what i am talking about when i am speaking of PCs... have been a mac user all my life.

He probably has an ECS K7S5A Pro board, they support up to a AMD 2400+ (133FSB) and they take either SD or DDR ram (one of the last board to do so!). And if u paid $600 for that u got ript off buddy!! that systeme is worth $450 at most!

Dang it, I was all excited to post that the ECS K7S5A had slots for DDR and SDR, and I got to the very latest post and my thunder was swiftly stolen right out from under me.

Yeah I was running an Athlon 2200+ with 384mb of PC133. Like you said, Ick. Huge performance jump to a P4 2.8 with 512 of PC400 :)

Anyways, yeah you could build that system (with the ECS mobo) for under $300 yourself. Maybe a bit more with some peripherals, but not much more. When I built my comp with the ECS board, it cost me $250 for the mobo/chip/case/RAM when the ECS board was brand new. ha.

Syntax made a DDR/SDR board also...

The K7S5A ran about 35-40 bucks - unfortunatly I also speak from experience. Im surprised that one still works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom