Fried Proccessor???

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
ok, this is what happened.. I decided to have a lil fun with my proccessor, and oc it a bit. I have a xp 2400+. I went in bios, put mult to 14 and fsb to 145. I boot up, and nothing happens, just black screen, no beeps or anything. I reset my cmos, still nothing. Have i fried my proc, mobo, or what? How can i tell if something is fried? I can't really tell if it smells wierd, it may. If something fried, what did is it prob, mobo, or both or what?

Thankyou for any help, I was thinking bout uping my pc anyways

nvm i got it to work, but seems like my mobo wont let me oc my proc, i put it to 14x145, and yes it was 15x133. Too bad, i cant oc, unless u know y, maybe cuz i have one of the earlier 2400+

I have never heard of anybody changing the multiplier on a AMD Athlon before. But I am glad you got it working again.

You should be able to overclock, try changing the FSB speed to 135MHz - just to test. :D If you want to that is.

Alright, il try it out, i don;t care if i fry it anyway, my 2400 is pissing me off, ima upgrade soon. Would you know y i cant up the multiplier? It sounds kind of wierd. Of well, il try it out.

if you want to overclock, then get an AMD mobile, the 2400+ is great, and the stock voltage is 1.45 rather than 1.65.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom