decision time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Xigmatek requires more thermal paste than normal to be applied, the bottom is really rough due to how it's designed iwth the direct heatpipe contact. A layer all over the cpu is probably your best bet.

And yup for some reason after the P5B all Asus boards have been looking sweeter and sweeter....they are good lookin boards.

So what did you go with, the Asus board and the E8400 or the Q6600? I only ask because I'm going to be upgrading soon and looking at a similar setup...

this one

its a rosewill, and rather flimsy. but, what drew it to me is that the usb and jacks are on the side i sit on, the case is quite a bit shorter than a normal atx case, but MUCH deeper front to back, i am curious as to the psu placement (wire management may be a nightmare), and it has ventilation out the wazoo.
plus, its only 30 bucks and i am a huge fan of el cheapo POS cases. i was looking at an antec 300, and then i decided to stick with what works for me....a good cheap case that i can kick the **** out of if it makes me mad. i can always buy another one :)

Oh ya.. I remember that case, but I thought you said you were revamping your rig

Oh ya.. I remember that case, but I thought you said you were revamping your rig

i am....got everything installed last nite. go to boot up....graphics corruption.
kinda coincidental that it happened at the same time as i was changing my rig out.
i dont know, i might have banged it or something when i was installing it. in any event, RMA request sent to evga, waiting on approval. currently running an evga 8800gt superclocked which i just purchased at sucker city for 300 bucks. lol. it'll be going back when i get my new card.
i still have A LOT of things to do to this new rig to make it run/look the way i want it to.
i fiddled all night last nite with the drivers and hard drives thinking the drivers or a bad partition was to blame for the corruption. went to my moms house this morning and put my card in her machine, same results. at least its not the mobo.

BTW...wire management is indeed a FRIKKIN nightmare with this case. loks cool though. shoulda bought the antec 300....*cry*
i guess i alway could. kinda want a p182 though...hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom