Double Check :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are you getting 8gb of ram? You have 2 4gb kits selected. If you're going for SLI I would go with a 750i FTW instead, the only difference between it and the 780i is there isn't the option for tri sli on the 750i and the 750i doesn't have the video corruption bug. Also what are you running for a PSU.

I recommend going with crossfire HD 4870's instead of sli GTX 260's. The HD 4870's are cheaper and as fast as the GTX 260's. Also with crossfire you can use an Intel X38 or X48 motherboard which are better than nvidia's sli chipsets.

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

2x Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AX4870 512MD5-H Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

The ACF7 comes with MX-2 pre-applied, though you may want to consider getting something better and/or getting a Q6600, especially if you keep the ACF7 (you'll likely run into problems with heat on either CPU before having problems with high FSB on the Q6600). Crossfired 4870s would be a good idea.

mm. i didn't catch the q6700.. i would definitely recommend the q6600 instead. there isn't much difference the two chips, and the q6600 can OC like a champ. Get the q6600. Also i would say get a Xigmatek Rifle s1283. Best cooler for the money. and crossfire'd 4870's would be quite expensive. But an extremely good setup nonetheless. Another thing to look into is Crossfire'd 4850's. Those run like champs in crossfire.

Thanks for the help :p

How does this look?
Setup

and does anyone know if that heatsink will fit onto that motherboard? or if I should even get that board.

Stick with the DFI LanpArty X48, its cheaper and is a better overclocker... and don't even consider the Rampage Formula, you could get an Asus P5E and flash it to that same Rampage Formula, but since its the same price as the DFI Lanparty x48 don't get the Asus P5E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom