Case WITHOUT PSU right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMBrooker85

Solid State Member
When youre building your own computer and ordering a case online you want to order one without a PSU right? Because generally the one included isnt going to be neoguh watts to power a beefy computer.

Or are you sopposed to order a second PSU on top of the one that comes with the case?

Its usually not recommended to use the psu that comes with a case as they TEND to be fairly cheap units. This isnt always true, but is mostly the norm. My ultra case that i have my home theatre pc in came with an ultra 500w psu which isnt a bad unit, but i wouldnt trust it to run a heavily overclocked quad and high end video cards.

i used a 300watt that came in my case for my home server which is running a skt478 celeron, 2 hdd's, 1 optical and thats it. So the answer to your question is definitely buy a psu and don't rely on one that comes in the case. With that though, if you are looking at a case, go ahead and check out the PSU in it, check it with our recommended PSU guide, and if it's on the guide as a good one then go ahead and use it. Otherwise i would say get a seperate psu.

And when you're buying a case, most cases don't come with a power supply, some do, but I'm personally not a fan of most cases/companies that include a power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom