Optical Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noniy

In Runtime
When it Comes to Optical Drives im Clueless.

I just want something that can do it all besides Blu ray, cuz that Costs alot.

And is quite Fast.

Optical drives are about all the same except for like 3 differences that still don't make much of a difference.

Theres IDE and SATA optical drives. They are the same speed, SATA is just a newer interface.

Theres difference in speed in which they burn. 22x is the fastest right now however 18 or 20x is plenty fast enough...it's only like 30 second or so difference in burning.

You can get ones that have lightscribe for more money

In the end an optical drive is an optical drive...

BTW anyone know how lightscribe works?
When I first heard about it I was extremely shocked. But now that it is old new, I still wondered how it works.

And yeah, just get a dvd burner, that should do the trick. get the cheapest one. I have never heard of a defective dvd burner or reader.

BTW anyone know how lightscribe works?
When I first heard about it I was extremely shocked. But now that it is old new, I still wondered how it works.

And yeah, just get a dvd burner, that should do the trick. get the cheapest one. I have never heard of a defective dvd burner or reader.

You need discs that are made for Lightscribe burning. The software will come with the burner or you can download it from Lightscribes website.

Basically, after you finish burning you DVD, you flip the disc over and burn whatever Lightscribe image you want. There are different designs you can choose from.

Ah, I couldn't find that Samsung drive. That's one that I have in my computer, as well as that Lite-On one (or one similar to it anyway). Both seem to perform quite well, and don't have any complaints on either.

ill just go with the Samsung one for now.

And later upgrade to my 2nd optical drive which will be the Lite-On.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom