Thinking of geting this from a local seller. Few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not much better. Performance gain is pretty minimal.

Desktop VGA Charts - Tom's Hardware

You'll still want a new card. You can buy this second system, tho, and use that $100 u save to pick up a nice video card on Newegg. You can probably sell the 8500gt pretty easily. It must be worth like $30 or so. Then you could buy a card like this:

Newegg.com - ASUS EN9600GT/HTDI/512M GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

And you'd have a very nice gaming rig on your hands for only around $700 total.

And I wouldn't worry about Blu Ray. It'll be years before the movies become affordable and even longer for games to ship on them if they do at all.

well, then here's what you do, cause the blu-ray you're getting for super cheap, sell the blu-ray player on flea-bay and you should be able to get at least 80-90 for it, and then use that money, coupled with some extra money you have and buy like a 8800gt/gts or 9800gtx, or even a 4850.

The 8800gs will work in a PCI Express x16 slot. I have that card and it is pretty good. It will max out COD4 at 1440x900 with 2x AA at 60+ FPS in multilayer and will run Crysis DX10 at 1024x768 with all settings on high except shadows at ~30fps.

I would get the 8800gs and Q6600 system.

Both the Amd/Intel only comes with a 400 watt psu.

The 8800gs requires a 450+w don't think it'll be able to run it.

Why wouldn't you want to build it yourself, just curious. It's actually very very easy to build a computer. Things only go in a certain spot (if it doesnt fit, it doesnt go there =P). Ever built a jigsaw puzzle? Basically the same thing, only now its a computer instead of a blue sky when the puzzle is done =).

I'm just not good at building stuff that like. My hands aren't in the best shape (broken them both) and they kinda shake. I know I'll damage something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom