Need help, PC temps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

galic

Baseband Member
In my new PC if i enable: System fan 1 or system fan 2 or power fan fail warning i set off a warning sound, and i don't know why. can somebody help me?
Here are my bios info.: Award software, pc helth status to set fans.
Front, back,side, cpu and graph card fans are working.
My cpu is Intel Q6600, with Artic cooling freezer pro and Artic silver 5.

Using "Core Temp." sofware, i have this idle readins.
Core 0 = 42c
Core 1 = 42c
Core 2 = 35c
Core 3 = 38c.

With "Real temp" sofware, same conditions i get this.
Core 0 = 37c
Core 1 = 37c
Core 2 = 30c
Core 3 = 33c
:confused:

Do you have any fans plugged into either of those 2 ports on the motherboard? Should be labeled "sys_fan1" "sys_fan2" and "pwr_fan" or something along those lines. They'll all be 3 pin connectors on the motherboard, as well. If nothing is plugged into them, then yes it's going say they failed because it's not supplying power to anything (assumes its dead).

What does your BIOS say your temps are? Go by whichever program is closest to your BIOS. And I believe those temps are fairly normal for a Q6600.

I'm pretty sure that they are pluged at the right places, but i'll re-check tonight. As bios temp display goes, i haven't see any temps there, i'll recheck again. Thanks.

OK, my fans are not connected to the mobo., they have molex pluges, so they are connected to the PS. They are ; the front, side and back. The CPU fan looks like it is controlled by the mobo. as he is running idle between 644-646 rpm's.

Well there's yoru answer then =). It's failing the power/system fan tests and giving you that alert because the fans aren't in the motherboard direct, they're in the molex plugs from the PSU.

The only real advantage would be you would be able to control the fan speed via software (they're running at 100% right now, while plugged directly into the PSU).

There are adapters you can get, but it'd just add more clutter to the inside of your system. My case fans in my Antec 900 are like yours, they're hooked directly to the PSU. Doesn't bother me any that they're not connected directly the the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom