Is there difference between low budget and good budget computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
On low budget, I see people getting the best preety much, So I was just curious if that extra 600 bucks someone could spend extra, if that really made a difference.

In my opinion I dont see a difference, other than maybe a bigger hard drive and thats it.

Whats you whole build? If you don't have a Q6600, you could jump to that and get a better video card, but thats it, those are the probably the only things that really matter in gaming for a build

600 is heaps. better cpu, better gcard, better ram, better mobo is a big one, that little bit more makes a big differance sometimes.

Build Prices:
$300 - Super Old computer, can't play hl2. Its a joke.
$400 - Decent computer
$500 - Pretty good computer, more than likely have a decent gpu.
$600 - Great computer, play most games other than crysis @ decent FPS.
$700 - Awesome computer, play all games other than crysis @ very good FPS.

I'd say $600 is a good budget for most people. And if you are buying pre-built a $600 custom built computer is around a $900+ Dell computer.

Yea I noticed that, a brand computer charges you around 300 to 400 bucks just to have their name on their computer, so lame.

I can build a powerful gaming PC using all quality parts with some being open box from the egg for about $430 before shipping

By powerful im talking a computer that will handle CoD4 and Bioshock at high with 50+ FPS. People say Crysis becuase thats a good benchmark for the highest however in reality most games arent even nearly that powerful.

P31 board open box- $60
9600GT open box-$105
RP500-2 $45
E2180 with Rosewill RCX CPU overclocked to 3.2+ or so $85
7200.10 250gb $60
Cooler master Elite $40
2x1Gb of Super Talent DDR2-800 $40

Overclock the CPU to 3.2ghz or so (should be able to hit higher)
overclock the video card

You should be playing games at 1280x1024 (1440x900) at medium-high if not the highest except for say maybe crysis and a couple others. it's kind of important when you run a build this cheap though to use XP to get the most out of your system.

For $600....

E7200 -$130
Rosewill RCX Heatsink $18
HD4850 $200
P43-DS3L $100
RP550-2 $55
2x1GB of super talent or similar $40
250gb 7200.10 $60

I believe the total should come to somewhere around $600 and that pc is a powerful gaming pc...

It's actually kind of sad how much components have went down in the past few years becuase a lot of us here spent so much but you gotta learn to make em last and sell the old stuff to keep up heh.

Thats the PC World for you.. always changing... Sora's great build can destroy most games out right now.. but you can get it for around $550 now... which is kind of disheartening for enthusiast's like us who are not spoiled like some rich kid spoiled brats that this forum sometimes have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom