Black Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkagin

In Runtime
I couldn't really find a related thread/sticky pertaining to this topic, so I thought I would ask myself. I'm looking at purchasing a solid black case, with a price of under ~$60 (subject to be pushed a little). Ideally, the case would have a fan in front and in back to create cross-ventilation (if that's a term).

I found a case I like that has nearly all the qualities I desire:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Generally speaking, is there a way to replace the front to not have the LED? This could potentially broaden my search from solid black cases without LED fans to either type of fan.

35g700 - did you have problems with the case, such as stripped screws, trouble opening up the mesh front bay panels, etc.? I want something solid black, cross-ventilation, and no obtrusively bright LEDs (I guess my case will involve a bit of modding).

While you guys had some good suggestions, I noticed that each of the cases had some scary reviews. So I picked three other ones that I would like to pick from, but I wanted to ask if anyone had any personal experience on it or if one stands out among the rest:

1. Newegg.com - Rosewill R6AR6-BK 0.8mm SECC 120mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases - $44.99
2. Newegg.com - ENERMAX Chakra ECA3052B Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases - $59.99
3. Newegg.com - GIGABYTE Triton 180 Black 0.7mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases - $59.99

I couldn't really find a related thread/sticky pertaining to this topic, so I thought I would ask myself. I'm looking at purchasing a solid black case, with a price of under ~$60 (subject to be pushed a little). Ideally, the case would have a fan in front and in back to create cross-ventilation (if that's a term).

I found a case I like that has nearly all the qualities I desire:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Generally speaking, is there a way to replace the front to not have the LED? This could potentially broaden my search from solid black cases without LED fans to either type of fan.

I have that case, its got two fans, and you can install another one if you choose, nice case, and the wire management is really good

35g700 - did you have problems with the case, such as stripped screws, trouble opening up the mesh front bay panels, etc.? I want something solid black, cross-ventilation, and no obtrusively bright LEDs (I guess my case will involve a bit of modding).

While you guys had some good suggestions, I noticed that each of the cases had some scary reviews. So I picked three other ones that I would like to pick from, but I wanted to ask if anyone had any personal experience on it or if one stands out among the rest:

1. Newegg.com - Rosewill R6AR6-BK 0.8mm SECC 120mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases - $44.99
2. Newegg.com - ENERMAX Chakra ECA3052B Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases - $59.99
3. Newegg.com - GIGABYTE Triton 180 Black 0.7mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases - $59.99

the only problem I had was some of the molex power connector pins were bent everything else was fine. the back is silver if that matters, and you can easily replace the front fan with a regular 120MM fan without LEDs. The back were you would but PCI cards and PCIe cards (to hold them in) uses plastic clips instead of screws ( I don't know how common that Is) you have to be careful with those. but I would say the one thing I don't like about the case is the hard drives have to be put in this separate rack in the front which is also were the 120MM fan is, but if you only have one Hard drive it wont interfere with cooling that much.

overall it is a good case for the price and you can also put 4 140MM fans in it on the side panel and the top (I didn't see that in the specs anywhere) and it also has water cooling holes in the back if you ever want to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom