Blue ray at 720p, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzjess

In Runtime
im thinking about getting a blue ray player for my pc. I run my pc to a 720p hd tv and am wondering if theres a huge difference between 720p and 1080p. is it worth it to get it on this monitor or should i wait. and i would wait for a while. cant really afford a new tv

yes there is a difference. The picture will be a lot sharper n more crisp. Both is good but i prefer 1080p for Blu-ray movies if u have the HDTV that supports it.

How is Blu-Ray a joke? Also, the difference from 720p to 1080p is only noticeable within about 7-10 feet from the TV. If you are 7 feet or more away, you won't notice much difference at all.

haha I agree with surgevel, I bet alexa does not have blu ray with a good tv.
You can actually notice the difference, at the beggining it would look like the same, but once you compared it to your old flat tv or whatever, you will see a huge difference.

Blu ray is stricly a luxury right now tho, so if you dont have any spare, dont do it. But remember blu ray will last for many years to come, so might as well get it.

Your choice. Choose wisely lol

In my opinion, Blu Ray at 720p is not worth it. Why watch a high definition movie at less than high definition resolution?

I don't see how Blu Ray is a joke. The clarity and definition makes DVD's look like a joke, but right now, the prices are a little high. Wait until the prices drop.

We have a 32" 720p LCD in our bedroom and a 52" 1080p LCD in our living room. I've got Blu-ray players hooked to each of them.

To be honest, I really can't tell any difference at all between the two pictures. Maybe if they were sitting side by side next to each other I could tell, but they both look great to me.

I think the smaller screen of a 32" makes it less obvious that the picture isn't "perfect" in 720p.

I can say for a fact that the Blu-ray blows away the picture of the regular DVD player we had on the 32" previously.

We have a 32" 720p LCD in our bedroom and a 52" 1080p LCD in our living room. I've got Blu-ray players hooked to each of them.

To be honest, I really can't tell any difference at all between the two pictures. Maybe if they were sitting side by side next to each other I could tell, but they both look great to me.

I think the smaller screen of a 32" makes it less obvious that the picture isn't "perfect" in 720p.

I can say for a fact that the Blu-ray blows away the picture of the regular DVD player we had on the 32" previously.

Thanks that what i wanted to know --- most people ive talked to that have blue ray on a 720p tv tell me they really cant tell the difference between 720 and 1080 but they say that even at 720p its way better than standerd dvd..

I might have to get me a player. there only running about 150$ now..... i wonder how much more netflix charges for blue ray....

Netflix doesn't charge any more for Blu-ray rentals than regular DVD's. Of course the selection of Blu-ray titles available are still limited, but I'm sure will continue to grow in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom