Q6600 overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what I would do is play with voltages *not exceeding 1.5 of course and clock speeds and find what is stable with that program with running the stress tests?

that is correct. Also keep an eye on your ram. Don't want to oc too far unless you feel like tweaking some more. Have you read any guides yet?

yeah, i think I'm going to lap this weekend.
Also, are there any set variables that I should be using with the FSB? or can I just put it to whatever. Right now I'm at 360x9

Didn't you say that? Because you said that it'd catch the errors quicker in a 2 hour run than a full 8 hour run of Prime95

mmm, i dont know. i dont think i said to use it in place of prime95...probably what i meant was running superpi at one of the higher settings will detect errors pretty quick.
like if your overclock is unstable, 32m will catch it in less than 30 minutes usually, prime95 may take 2 or 3 hours to catch it.
what i do is this:
run every superpi 1m-32m
then
orthos or p95 4-6+ hours (or overnight).

most errors with the stability tests will occur within the first couple hours...sometimes they can occur in the 4-5 hour range, but i haven't had that happen very often at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom