overcloking noob advice plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i it ll tell you the min and the max you can go he told me 333 just to start
i went up to 365 but dint hold so now i,m running it at 340 making it a 3.23 from 2.53 ghz so far i s working good i played game no problems yet i lef6t for work and left the pc running no screen of doom yet
according to coretemp my temps are on both at 51 to 52c duno if thats bad or not

Yeah they aren't bad temps, mine run at about that with the stock cooler. (Not for much longer as i just ordered a zalman cooler)

cool as long as it dosent fry my ship is all good

ok so my pc was working fine with the 3.23 clock ,but i was messing around
on the web and downloading updates wen i tho ill check my temps ,and my core was at 98-100c ,but i forgot to mention that i set the voltage from manual to auto .
maybe that what caused the high temp?
so i set the clock back to normal at 2.53 ill wait till i get some replays
b4 i try to clock again

this thread is a week old i been busy and havent had time to mess with my pc.
i just went back into bios ,and set the clok to 333 from 267 making it a 3.16 from a 2.53 .
i upped the voltage a bit, is still in the 1.1s v but seems to be holding up .
prime 95 is running a self test as i write this and seems to be holding .
now i what to do is get the most performance out of this pc as safely as possible with out having to buy a new cooler and stuff .
i really cant afford any extras expenses right now .
i like to overclock the my video card as well but i dont know exactly what i have to change for the card

thanks in advance

video card overclocking is usually done via third party software which makes it nice and easy (ATi card - Download Ati tool , NVIDIA card - Download Riva tool)

Increasing the voltage on you CPU is what increases the temperature's so you are probably best to set the voltage manually and test from there. Your weak link is the stock cooler which you have, so I would find the default voltage for you CPU, manually set it to that, and maybe increase only slightly when you overclock it.

Otherwise your temps will sky rocket to what they were before (98-100c)

ok my overclock is holding up temps r fine now i downloaded riva turner but i dont know what exactly i should be messing with there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom