Video card options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
alright, I'm pretty much just looking to get some different opinions on what would yield better performance and fps... some hardware reviews use highly clocked extreme cpus that I can't get to so here we go.
this is just personal ideas if you want

9800gx2 X 2

9800gtx in 3 way sli

9800gtx+ in 2 or 3 way

I know the gtx280 in sli would prolly win but little too expensive for now

crossfire really isnt an option due to mobo and I don't feel like upgrading that right now...

my q6600 will be running at 3.6 all the time just to give an idea of bottlenecking.

Alright, let the suggestions roll!

2 gx2's wouldnt' make sense.. thats 1k in cardage. i would say get either a single gtx or a gtx280. just cause the gtx280 is pwnage and the fact that its a single gpu makes games like it a lot better

alright, I'm pretty much just looking to get some different opinions on what would yield better performance and fps... some hardware reviews use highly clocked extreme cpus that I can't get to so here we go.
this is just personal ideas if you want

9800gx2 X 2

9800gtx in 3 way sli

9800gtx+ in 2 or 3 way

I know the gtx280 in sli would prolly win but little too expensive for now

crossfire really isnt an option due to mobo and I don't feel like upgrading that right now...

my q6600 will be running at 3.6 all the time just to give an idea of bottlenecking.

Alright, let the suggestions roll!

ah the glory of having a 24" monitor eh?

I suggest just 2 9800GTX+ in SLI. Even the plain 9800gtx in SLI will be a nice boost.

yea Ive heard good things about the 9800gtx+ so I figured I might go that route when they release. two bad 2 9800gx2's just isnt efficient enough yet... I would go with the 4850 but Im kindof an nvidia fan you might say lol even though they are overpriced.

oh wow. totally didn't see that you have a 26" Umm so yeah, I would say either 1 gtx280 for like 600, or 2 gtx or gtx+ when they hop out onto the market. Just cause you'd see some good improvement on that high a resolution. The gtx280 kills games at high res, like 1900x1200 with aa/af on.

if you have the funds the gtx280 is very good for high resolutions, but personally I would wait until the 55nm die shrink

I read somewhere that the new gtx+ was going to be 55nm which entices me cuz it should OC better and hopefully have better temps... I like the ssc 9800gx2 that I got for a steal locally but quad sli is not worth it yet and I have seen very little increases in performance with that set up. Hopefully the gtx+ will be out mid July like they say... I know that the gtx280 would kill in sli especially since one card keeps up with mine. When the drivers mature I can only imagine the performance. But **** that is so much dinero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom