John Deere Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
wet sanding is easy, just make sure the paper and surface are wet (duh lol) and BE EASY.
you can change those temp guage led's to green or yellow in a jiffy. radioshack sells led's for like 20 cents. i think i bought 20 various sizes of green, red and yellow for like a buck-fifty.

As nagasama said, just switch out those LEDs for whatever colour you want.

Check for mesh at a local metal supermarket, if you're near one: Metal Supermarkets

If you're from a little hick town :D bang on some local machine shop doors and see if they have any spare perforated sheet metal scrap you can have or where they get their metal from. Even autobody shop might be able to help you out with a supplier.

Well i am nearing completion of my john Deere Case Mod. I still need to apply a second coat of yellow paint on the front and wire up the front switch. Also i think i will add one final layer of clear coat on the green cover. Oh and i need to do something with that tractor on the side, but idk what to do with that yet.

IMG_2473Large.jpg

IMG_2474Large.jpg

IMG_2475Large.jpg

IMG_2476Large.jpg

IMG_2477Large.jpg

IMG_2478Large.jpg

IMG_2479Large.jpg

IMG_2480Large.jpg

IMG_2481Large.jpg

IMG_2482Large.jpg

Any opinions and or criticisms shot em out. Ways to improve would always help.

hick am i reading two of those names right...
ashley krapps and evil fernandez?

lol. what kind of kids do you hang out with hahah.
case looks slick, really like the last picture.

if you have room, drill.cut some holes in the back panel to route wires and keep them outta your way.

hmm i guess i could drill holes for my sata wires and my um pci express wire. IDK about the other ones. Just a pain since there are so many wires and they are so long. People have said to cut off the ones i don't want, but i really don't want to do that. I mean none of the wires are really interrupting air flow so IDK if i really want to take all my hardware out again. It is a good idea. If for some reason i need to take out my mobo again i probably will. Also those sensors in the front of the case are crap. I have one sensor right next to the heatpipe close to the base of the Zalman and shows the same temp as the other one just hanging there. Those things are a tromendous let down. I always knew those things were crap, but i thought they would do something. Also those temp gauges are the only thing that isn't green in the whole case. Heck i even replaced the blue led's on the zalman 9700 fan with green ones. That was big pain in the you know where.

By the way that is Ashley Knapp, my cousin, and Eric Fernandez. I had my Senior class sign it. Funny how almost everyone was able to sign it except for like 5 or so. LOL only had 38 graduate in my class.

Oh and the foam is just there for when i was moving the case around and i didn't want it to scratch the desk. I might get wheels or something idk. The only thing bad about the case is that it won't fit under the hutch on my desk.

wow hick,

that really does look great! :D

only suggestions for improvement i would have are minor...
the rubber bumpers on the edges of where you cut for some of the fans/PSU etc look a little deformed... make sure you press em in tight, i guess...
and maybe paint the back mobo shield that nice green color to match?
oh, and of course, do your best with the wire management... zip ties and holes in your motherboard tray are a godsend... cant let a great mod like this be hampered down by clutter! haha

good job tho, and good luck :] - RK

Since you asked maybe use some acrylic on the tractor cutout and do an etching: "class of '08" or something.

Easy to do and if you don't like it you can toss it out, nothing lost but a few $$$ and some time.

I was going to change out the leds for the gauges since it wasn't to hard to do them on the fan of my 9700. But the plastic itself is blue on the gauges so it was a no go. Also those sensors suck both still exactly the same.

I might have to drill some holes in the mobo, but the only wires i could really hide is the sata cables. So IDK. Also therascalking the fan on the back the molding isn't off, the dremel wasn't cooperating so it isn't exactly the best circle. But the psu one i can fix by just cutting it a little to go around that screw. Also i don't have an I/O shield. I guess i could try and cut the metal to get one to fit. I will have to see with that also.

If i were to etch or acrylic what would be the best way to secure it? I have seen where you can use industrial grade double stickup tape. Would that be good enough? Also i am planning on putting a 120mm fan in the big tire location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom