Sound card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane84722

In Runtime
Hello, I have a Creative 7.1 Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series sound card. When playing music, you can hear it 'shift' volume from the front speakers to the center speaker throughout the song. The rear speakers also shift. Is there a way to fix this? I did not have this problem with my previous creative sound card. Thanks for any help.

Hello,

Do you have the latest drivers for the sound card? Are you using XP or Vista? Have you checked the Control Panel Sound settings?

Cheers,
Mak

Im using vista 32 with the lastest drivers. I have messed with alot of controls on the control panel and in the card software. I know there is a setting im missing, just don't know which one it is.

Hello,

Sadly this is a known issue with Creative Driver and Vista. Some of the features are missing from the Vista Drivers that are included in the XP Drivers. Such as the ability to setup your surround sound setup. Along with the Equalizer, THX settings and much more. Creative has done this so that they can promote ALchemy. I would suggest trying to see if you can get that program. It should be available for download from their site.

I have suggested that people use the DanielK drivers. They are a bit outdated compared to the current drivers but they have all features unlocked. There is a thread in the Audio and Multimedia area that has more info on this if you wish to check it out.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom