What is crossfire? What is SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I tried serching this on the search function sadly nobody has asking this before?

Is crossfire when you have two ati video cards together?

is SLI when you have two nvidia video cards together?

If my mobo says its crossfire ready, does that mean I can only use ati cards?

yes

yes

and no, you can use ATI cards with nvidia chipsets and you can use nvidia cards with a crossfire ready board

and before you ask, sli ready RAM is just a gimmick

yes

yes

and no, you can use ATI cards with nvidia chipsets and you can use nvidia cards with a crossfire ready board

and before you ask, sli ready RAM is just a gimmick

correct

also keep in mind SLi is a lot worse at scaling then Crossfire (exception of Geforce 9xxx series) and don't support Dual-Monitors like Crossfire, however most of the popular games out there are financed by nVidia and would probably perform better with their cards compared to their ATi equivalent

correct

also keep in mind SLi is a lot worse at scaling then Crossfire (exception of Geforce 9xxx series) and don't support Dual-Monitors like Crossfire, however most of the popular games out there are financed by nVidia and would probably perform better with their cards compared to their ATi equivalent

the irony of this fact is overwhelming...:eek:

not that it matters most the time..

seeing as an 8800gts g92 plays everything just fine... having 2... well.. i guess you'd just see more fps that WOULDNT MATTER..lol

but to me... just cuz i like to gloat.. it does matter :p

not that it matters most the time..

seeing as an 8800gts g92 plays everything just fine... having 2... well.. i guess you'd just see more fps that WOULDNT MATTER..lol

but to me... just cuz i like to gloat.. it does matter :p

So you are saying when I purchased and installed this in my rig, I made a good choice?

:D

Alright man, So if I am not going to use two video cards, I can go with either right? nvidia or ati?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom