Fun little mod ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you do that then remember that a grille/meshing and some rubber molding to put around the hole. That just cleans it up and makes it look a lot more professional.

My case already have a PSU exhaust area, but it is on the bottom of my case. Maybe this will help with suggestions. Here is my canvas....
I figured the only way I could help the PSU is if I mounted the back of the case up a little more and place a flat surface under it so it isn't suffocated by the carpet.

Computer001.jpg

yeah I might do that, that'll be cool.
How would I cut holes in my case? I would love to make a hole in the bottom and put LEDs that sounds sick. Also, should I prime the inside of the case before painting??

You could use a dremel or a jigsaw, or since it is aluminum you could buy some metal snips and that would do the job just fine.

You can prime the inside, but you really wouldn't have to.

okay cool. I just got some spray paint and i'm starting shortly. I'll update on progress.

I'm also planning to lap my processor and heatsink, but 1500 grain sandpaper is the finest I can find around where I live. Would 1500 be fine enough or should i order 2000 and 2500? and also could I lap on any flat surface? like maybe a concrete basement floor

okay cool. I just got some spray paint and i'm starting shortly. I'll update on progress.

I'm also planning to lap my processor and heatsink, but 1500 grain sandpaper is the finest I can find around where I live. Would 1500 be fine enough or should i order 2000 and 2500? and also could I lap on any flat surface? like maybe a concrete basement floor

Basement floor is not flat enough. Take the glass out of a picture frame and use that.

1500 will give you a pretty good lap. its debatable whether or not anything above 2000 does much.

and this just gave me a sick idea for my case. Cathodes on the bottom of the case.. .cause my case is on 3" wheels, that would look sick..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom