decision time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun with your ownage rig, and show off that overclocking power of that board :)

W0oT!
im such a SLACR....lol.

got the bulk of my new stuff in today. actually a day early. whodafigured?
but...get this....
the case is in one shipment, the cpu, mobo, cooler and a couple other things in another...
they are both shipped out of la puente at the exact same time....and i only get the cpu and stuff today. the ups website says the case hasn't even arrived in san antonio yet, while the other shipment arrived at 3am this morning. lol...ups, YOU SUCK!
EDIT....
actually a upon closer inspection it is revealed that the case left LA one hour earlier than the rest of the goods. lol how is that possible?!?!?!?

im impatient now.

okay, the p5q-pro is GORGEOUS!
the xigmatech cooler i ordered is a work of art (but man...it is light i am a little concerned about it's ability). a worry is that it seems that the heatpipes are not all smoothed to the same height, and the well-known grooves between the copper and aluminum. otherwise, i am impressed with its looks indeed!
suggestions here:
thin layer of AS5 over the entire cpu?
or
thin layer of AS5 on the copper pipes themselves ("should" be the only part touching the cpu)?
opinions?
i also ordered the back retaining bracket from xigmatech...that thing could hold up a horse it looks like.

did i mention how gorgeous the p5q is?

haha! don't you texans get taxed now? if so.. that sucks.. cuz it looks like ur stuff still comes from our warehouse down here... thankfully i get everything next day ;)

totally worth the tax of being in cali
and with paste.... thin line over all 4 cores

lol no tax yet, but i would have paid it to have it friday. i ordered thursday morning, hah ahahah and they shipped it SAME DAY.
where are the cores located (corners, side-by-side, diagonal etc etc), if i may be so retarded?

[-------|-------] [-------|-------]
[Core 1 | Core 2] [Core 3 | Core 4]
[-------|-------] [-------|-------]

NVM found it. this is if you were looking at it so you could read the writing (without standing on your head lol)

this is even better:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appinstruct/as5/ins_as5_intel_quad_wcap.pdf

seems a thin layer all over cpu is a no-no according to arctic silver. LOL OMFG....go to that link and read the very last line on it i almost peed my pants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom