Summer Water Cooling project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that some guy on xtremesystems said the complete opossite. But then another guy said the same thing that u said basically other then the tap water.

They say clean with boiling distilled water... and not to use tap water as it leaves some kind of resiude or something. Like iron in the tap water, or calcium or something.

I want to order this stuff tommrow, If i don't get a reply from petras or they aren't in stock tommorow. I'll just order that 1 part from somewhere else. It can't be helped. :rolleyes:

I have always cleaned new wc components with just a bit of dish soap and warm tap water just to remove the manufacturing oils and residues.

Tap water will not leave any significant amount of deposits from washing it just for a few minutes. People who say wash it with clean boiling distilled water are just anal retentive. Running tap water in your loop is another story though.

I only use vinegar to clean out a used rad, I mix it with some isopropyl alcohol and let it chill in the rad for about 20-30 minutes...then rinse it out and it does an amazing job of cleaning any gunk out in there. Any longer and you begin to run the risk of having the vinegar react with the copper and brazing metals.

A thorough rinse with tap water and then a quick one with distilled is probably your best bet.

In all likelihood, your blocks, and pump should be just fine, but I would advise you to rinse the rad.

I can't edit my last post, but does anyone know how to insert the quad insert into the D-TEK FuZion v2?

Just by looking at it i cant figure it out, so i googled it and couldn't find nothing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom