Sata Drive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuaz

In Runtime
Hi All,

This week i decieded to upgrade my final IDE drive to a Sata one. I had already replaced my second IDE drive with a 500GB sata a few months ago and had put the majority of documents i wanted to keep (Music/Photos/Work, etc)

This remaining IDE drive held the operating system (Windows XP). So i decided the best thing to do was just start a fresh with the Operating system on this new 160GB SATA drive.

So I plopped in it, unplugging the final IDE drive. I run up the Windows installer - first thing i notice is that it can't detect my 500GB. No worries i thought, i will just install the operating system now then figure out what is wrong with the drive later on.

Windows finished installing and then i notice that it had installed to drive "G" rather than "C"???!!!!

Why would it do this??? I have also had no luck in getting this 500GB one to work now...is there a connection?

Thanks in advance!

BTW My Motherboard is a ASUS M2V-TVM

Before installing Windows you should have been able to choose which drive you want to install it on. Maybe before you installed the OS you should have set the 500gig sata to slave and the 160 to master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom