Problems installing a Zotac nvidia GeForce 8800GT graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think removing that screw and removing the that part of the heatsink would do the trick?

Pretty sure that its just one big heatsink on the 8800's so you can't just remove that 1 piece.

Thats why i suggested looking into an aftermarket heatsink,Either that or return the card or build a new computer.

Thank you for your help! I sent zotac an email informing them of my problem. I doubt that will help but its worth a shot. I will start looking for an aftermarket heatsink, but was wondering if you recommended a certain kind. Thanks again for your help!

or if you know what your doing you could take the heatsink off and use a angle grinder to grind that metal tab off. but doing so could make the heatsink come loose and cause the card to over heat.

Thank you all so much for your advice and help. Philbar, I considered taking off the metal tab but considering I am no expert at this I would not trust myself. Since there has been two recommendations to get the vf900 I will more then likely get this heatsink. Wish me luck as this will be the first time I have ever replaced a heatsink on a graphics card. I was also looking at the Thermalright HR-03 GT but that thing looks a little to big for me. Also I neglected to mention that my card is the amp edition and is overclocked at 700 MHz, so would the vf900 still suffice as a good heatsink?

or if you know what your doing you could take the heatsink off and use a angle grinder to grind that metal tab off. but doing so could make the heatsink come loose and cause the card to over heat.

That would just be plain stupid.

If anything happens to the card he would be screwed as they would notice that right off the hop if he rma'ed it.

you can also look at the zalman vf1000 if you wanna play it safe

because i don't see on neweggs list that the 8800gt is listed

do some more review reading to see how many people shoved it on the 8800gt

also.. the thermaltake duo orb is amazing as well (i think it was from thermaltake)

maybe just return it/get money back and buy a different card?

if not, it would be best to get an after market cooler and not mess with the structure of the card in any way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom