Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm noticing this question getting asked over and over again....

and there are not... from what I'm seeing (the RAM question)

Like can you use DDR2 800 in a Mobo that says DDR2 1066 is the standard type or Vice-Versa, for some reason in the past 3 days that question has been asked a lot..

um as for the last part.. it was to end the flame war... but I really don't want to get involved..

sorry proto, didn't see the last sentence in his post.^there was no flame war, no one is flaming. and as far as i know (and i guess it could be wronge but it't unlikely) a mobo that support 1066 would support any ddr2 under that (ex.800)

a lot of ddr2 800 kits will hit 1066 with 4-4-4-12 or lower, my ram does.
-but- a lot of 1066 kits will hit 1200+ with 5-5-5-15, my ram wont.

if you are planning on going over 525-550 fsb (i dont know what that mobo is capable of) with a 1:1 ratio the 1066 will be better.
as luke said...if you are not going to oc or oc to 450-500 the 800 will probably be fine. you can almost always raise the timings to 5-5-5-15 on ddr2 800 and get that speed, unless you get some lemons.

The more expensive and better kits though. You have the C4 XSM2 which for a very short time Corsair put D9's in i think we already went over this heh.

However kits these days don't have as many D9's as they used to so it's a little tougher finding them. I just bought some of these and i recommend them to the OP becuase they are D9GMH even if they are only DDR2-533. DDR2-533 if you aren't overclocking is all the higher you would need to go anyway. These are some of the only kits that have guaranteed D9GMH anymore and they are an awesome price. I just purchased a kit myself

2Gb Kit (2x1Gb) PC2 4200 3-3-3-8 D9GMH - 533-1GBx2-X by: Team -

Also why not overclock? My 750i FTW let me overclock my E6300 past 3.6ghz orthos stable at 1.4vcore. I almost shat myself.

i would just get ddr800, thats fast enough. i mean u would need a fsb of 400 to have a one to one ratio with that. thats 3.6 on a 9 times mutiplyer. if u get past that 800mhz can easy get to 1066mhz.

I'm noticing this question getting asked over and over again....

and there are not... from what I'm seeing (the RAM question)

This is becuase no one here searched the forums much becuase we will answer questions regardless. Now all the new mobos that are coming out have a 1066 standard and we recommend 800 because it's still all that's needed with the right modules.

Ok,

my Budget for Ram is about $120 ill be getting 4GB of it.

Since most of you Recomended 800Mhz with low Timings i am basicly asking whats the best Gaming memory with 800Mhz and low Timmings for my EVGA nForce 750i SLI Motherboard in my price range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom