6800 is slowwwwww HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. no one seems to have touched on this bit of info he gave. You said your AGP Aperture size was 64....you need to raise that to the size of what your card is. you said $300 so I'm guessing you got the 128mb 6800 so you need to go into your BIOS and change the AGP Aperture to 128mb. Also in the BIOS make sure that you have the 'DISPLAY' setting at the AGP slot and make sure that it doesn't have PCI selected for graphics. When I first got my GeForce FX 5700 it kept saying it was running in PCI Mode. That'll make your card worthless practically. Right click on your desktop and go to properties. Then go to the SETTINGS tab on the far right. Then click the ADVANCED tab in the lower right corner. Then click the tab to the very top right of the window that pops up that has your card name on it. In a little box on the left that says SCREEN ADJUSTMENT, and DISPLAY TIMING and all that junk make sure the very top text is select that says your card name. It'll then give you all the info about your card. Under ADAPTER INFORMATION it'll say Bus and memory. Make sure to the right of the BUS it says AGP 8x unless your motherboard is only AGP 4x compliant it'll say 4x otherwise it should be 8x with memory at 128mb. Let me know if this gets you anywhere. Good luck

when you say drivers, I assume you're talking about just standard vid snd etc. try running dx diagnostics and see what it says. may say all that in bios, but unless windows is utilizing you wont see the improvement, so thats the first thing. dxdiag I think it is. then how about the MBD chipset drivers, may need to update those as they have newer release and functionality for miniport agp drivers and so on. let us know what it shows in the diagnostics.

try uninstalling ur vid card, take it out, uninstall all the drivers, then if there are like agp drivers for ur mobo, install them, mmake shur u got no spyware, or anything like that, then put in the card, start the comp, press cancel when it ask to install automatically, then install the drivers ur self. Then reboot.

Also did ur comp work good with ur 9600?

considering you only have 512MB, thats not much remaining. and its dynamic, so that means that the full 256 will be dedicated for that one reason even if its not being used at the moment.

well.......
i reinstalled windows....have been installing drivers and updates forever......switched around the plugs on the Y cable (maybe the Y cable that powers it that came with it is faulty....has any one ever heard this)

and now i'm gonna try a game....ill tell u guys what comes up

i also checked dxdiag and everythings fine

my 3dmark03 score was 5600 while downloading stuff

is that good....or should i wait for downloads...turn all progs off...and start again

You shouldn't run benchmarks while you have other programs running. The benchmark is meant to run stand-alone, and will do its own work to tax your system parts. If you're running a benchmark, finish everything first, reboot (to clean things up), then run it. You never hear of the pros running benchmarks on a system while they're cheking their email and downloading updates, now, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom