CMOS battery is not secure in its slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chosenbkr

Solid State Member
Good day folks, I am working on a clients PC and the CMOS configs will not function normally. I noticed the CMOS battery slot is not securing the battery; the battery moves within the space. I cannot think of anything practical to secure the battery, preventing CMOS errors (this is an older IBM security-minded desktop).

I was thinking of glue, but a CMOS battery life is three years or less and I am not sure if the battery can function with such a chemical.

If anyone can think of a practical way of securing the battery, please share. Thank you.

Anyone know of a practical way or ways to hold the CMOS battery intact so it won't cause CMOS error messages?

Any valid practical way without trying to find a replacement for a Slot1 motherboard that, that client has?

Hello,

Saly there is not easy fix for this. You would have to make a clip of some sort to have it hold it in place.

Cheers,
Mak

You could maybe (if you think you're up to it) remove the clip that's there right now, and get a new button battery clip. I know radioshack sells button battery holders (seen 'em since I work at one xD), so you could maybe pick one up from there, and solder it on there as a replacement to the one thats on there currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom