PS/2 or USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
Both my mouse and keyboard are USB, hooked up through the provided PS2 adapters. Just curious... are there any advantages to doing this, or on the other hand, to hooking them up via USB? I just used the adapter b/c I was so used to PS/2, but didn't really thing about it. Any thoughts?

Also, I notice that on some restarts, it takes a while to detect the legacy mouse and keyboard, and other times it whips through. Any ideas there?

the ps/2 cords are the round ones with the pins right? i would also like to know if there is a performance diff in the 2(usb, ps/2).

Not all laptops have the PS2 connections, hence the USB option.

In fact, I recall being really bored one night and reading the manual for my mouse, believe me, I was that bored! Anyway, the mouse is suited for both connections, but the manual actually advises to use the PS2 connection where available. It did not say why? Just adding my thoughts.

Cheers!

yeah, my laptop has ps/2, but only one port, so i have to use my logitech mx duo on the usb port . . .

except . . .does anyone know if theres an adapter that would split a ps/2 port into 2?

oh wait . . . strike that, i found an adapter at compusa . . . i guess when i go to duarte on wednesday, i'll stop in monrovia and get that . . . cause my usb lags a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom