Advice wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

kira987

Beta member
Hello
My video card, an ATI X1550, died recently and as a result I am forced to buy a new one however I do not know which one to buy. I am looking for an AGP compatible video card with at least 512mb of RAM and my budget is $50-$150. Currently I have a Pentium IV of 3.06 GHZ, 1536mb of RAM, an old Geforce 4, and Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 32 bit version. I have seen some potential video cards like these ones but I really need to know which is the appropiate video card. Any sugestions will be appreciated.
Amazon.com: XFX PVT44AYAJG GeForce 6200 512MB GDDR2 AGP 8x Video Card ( Dual DVI / S-video ): Electronics
Amazon.com: ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512 MB AGP: Electronics
Thank you

I actually just bought the 6200 for a customer who wanted a videocard in his system for gaming. I was very pleased with the card, and so is he. I have no experience with ATI cards because I've always gone green, but that's my two cents. :)

HD 2600 series are the best bang for the buck in terms of performance for AGP

You could go HD 3850, however theres going to be a bottleneck and it could be held back by your CPU, I agree with Trotter with an HD 2600 pro or xt and with the HD 2600 series you'd probably not have to worry about your PSU not cutting it

Yeah the HD 2600 PRO is good for AGP, that's what I have in my system I get decent FPS in games but I only have a celeron 1.88GHz and you have a P4 so it should be fine. Unless your playing some really graphic intense games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom