new comp dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc102968

In Runtime
i bought and built 2 comp this weekend my quad core one for myself works great now that i switched out xp64 for xp

my daughters doesn't do a **** thing. no beeps no thing no fans spinning

Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E2180 - Retail

BIOSTAR 945GC Micro 775 LGA 775 Intel 945GC Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retai\

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model VS1GB667D2 - Retail

tried differn't power supplies that 1 i know works and nothing so is it a dead motherboard?

thanks ahead of time
tom

switch out the ram and if that doesn't work then the motherboard probably is dead. I'm not exactly sure how that happened though.

If you bought that board from the egg at least you can get a new one in a week or so through their rma service. If not then i'm sure it's under warranty but of coarse it takes a lot longer to rma.

If it doesn't help, maybe just go through and make sure everying is seated correctly just to make double-sure. All it takes is something not seated quite enough. Can't hurt to check anyway. And as for the original power supply, did you make sure the switch on the back was set for 110v? If it was set to 220v, nothing would go on. Maybe could have been switched accidentally while handling it during the original installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom