nvidia driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
ok so last night i downloaded the drivers for my nforce 570 sli mobo from the nvidia website and installed and it says there are older drivers that i need to uninstall first so i uninstalled them and when it rebooted the desk top didnt come up but the nvidia install thing came up and said that windows was trying to install something so i close out the windows install thing and the nvidia install comes back up and resumes installing so when it's done the computer boots back up and when windows says it's loading your personal settings it takes so long and it finnaly makes it to the desktop, but there is no start bar and the theme for xp is in the windows classic. so now i really dont know what to do because i dont think there are any drivers installed for my chipset and nothing works right any more.
any help would be apprecieated and sorry for bad english

Have you tried to run the new driver install? Have yo utried to use a Restore Point?

well when i try to run the new driver install it gives me a error code(i forgot it but i will find out when i get a chance to and i thought about it but i havent tried it will try shortly)

well when i boot in to windows and it stays there awhile it says windows must rebot because the remote procedure call has ended abruptly. so what i'm doing now is downloading drivers from the mobo website and i am going to try to install them

well i tried installing the drivers from the mobo website but still no luck it gives me an error saying "a error 5009:0x800706ba has occured while running setup"

Please use the edit button and do not multiple post. Thank you.

Have you tried from Safe Mode to install the drivers?

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom